Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Baked Spaghetti Pie

I haven't had as much time in the kitchen as I would like lately so I've been making sure that if nothing else, I set aside Sunday night for new recipes. I was scanning Pinterest earlier this week and came across a baked spaghetti recipe and thought "why on earth would someone take an extra step to bake pasta after boiling it??" I had to find out for myself.

I was absolutely amazed and in love with this recipe. I wanted to capture the recipe step-by-step through photo so I could share because this was a whole new experience for me. Since I don't want to blow the big reveal, I'll start with the basics:

Ingredients for Recipe:
1 lb ground beef
1 jar 26 oz pasta sauce
8 oz gluten free spaghetti, cooked al dente
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
2 eggs
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup 2% milk
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions:
Step 1:  Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a deep 9x13 baking dish with foil then  lightly coat with nonstick cooking spray.
Step 2: Meanwhile, brown ground beef in skillet, stirring occasionally, breaking up the meat, until the meat is cooked through, 5-7 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat and drain the excess grease. Add pasta sauce to meat and set aside (no need to heat sauce).

Step 2:
Step 3: Place cooked spaghetti in baking dish and sprinkle Parmesan evenly over the top.

Step 3:

Step 4: Next, In a small bowl whisk eggs and add cream, milk, garlic salt, to combine then pour egg mixture over the Parmesan and noodles.

Step 4:

Step 5: Pour meat sauce over the top and spread evenly.


Step 6:  Sprinkle layer of meat with Parmesan and mozzarella.

Step 6:

Step 7: Bake 45-50 minutes until cheese browns and sauce bubbles. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.

Step 7:

There you have it! The most amazing spaghetti dish I've had in my life. Seriously, this was life changing. Now I completely understand why someone would take the time go through the extra steps to make pasta. Not only does it taste better but it makes serving pasta easier and it's covered in twice as much cheese!! This will definitely be one of my new faves.

No comments:

Post a Comment