Monday, December 2, 2013

Trader Joe's Gluten Free Polenta


Organic Polenta

I know I have mentioned before that I have an obsession with Trader Joe's. It's a pretty torrid love affair. I can't get enough of that place and their cute, unique foodie products. I really love cooking with new ingredients so that makes this affair even more complex.

Okay okay, enough about TJ's. Let's talk about my new find: polenta! Alright, so I know this isn't new, like at all, but it's new to me. I've only had it once, which was an amazing creamy polenta fricassee of truffleed mushroom dish from Scarpetta - life changing actually. But that was it. I didn't even know you could purchase a precooked tube of it for only $2! That was obviously a no brainer! But what to do with it? Well at first, I let it sit in my cupboard for 2 months. (Sorry, I failed you TJ's.) after dusting it off, it was magical. A perfect ingredient that can compliment almost any dish with the right flavor!


I kept it simple and sliced the polenta thin then pan fried each side with a little olive oil. I topped my polenta cakes with a bit of homemade sauce pasta sauce and Parmesan. Yum. So tasty! I'm already plotting out the next time I make it: I want to top with Mediterranean ingredients! I think feta, olives and red pepper with onion would taste amazing with the cakes. I'll keep you posted!

Xoxo Trader obsessed blogger
P.s. Hey TJs', start making more labeled gluten free products!

No comments:

Post a Comment