Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Gluten Free Un-Stuffed Portabella

I LOVE a quick and easy dinner on weeknights. I really don't mind a few hours of meal prep on Sunday but if dinner takes me more than 30 minutes to make during the week, I'll probably end up eating eggs. This gem of a recipe has become a go-to for me: Un-Stuffed Porabella Mushrooms. I call them un-stuffed because I never bother to scrape out the inside and ALWAYS overfill them with veggies. To beef up the meal I'll add chickpeas or white beans as well but wasn't in the mood this time. ;)

Recipe:
Ingredients:
2 tbsp olive oil
1 large portabella mushroom
1 cup kale
1/3 red pepper, diced
1/2 zucchini, diced small
1/4 onion, diced small
salt and pepper to taste
Parmesan for garnish

Directions:
1) In a saute pan over medium high heat, add one tablespoon of olive oil and portabella cap. Cook mushroom until slightly softened about four to six minutes, flipping on occasion to fully cook.
2) Once mushroom is cooked, set aside and add remaining tablespoon of oil to pan. Cook onion, pepper, kale and zucchini until tender then place on top of mushroom cap. Season with salt, pepper and parm then enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment